Visual Analytics 2015-2016
This course will introduce you to techniques and tools for analyzing and visualizing data. It emphasizes how to combine computation and visualization to perform effective analysis. The course consists of two parts: a series of lectures on analytics and a series of lectures on visualization. Both parts will include hands-on tutorials during which you will work on analysis problems and start to build your own tools.
Part 1: Ecole Centrale
- Petra Isenberg (main contact)
- Pierre Dragicevic
Part 2: Université Paris Sud
- Petra Isenberg and Pierre Dragicevic (main contacts)
- Refer to this website for details on schedule, times, and location: http://aviz.fr/wiki/pmwiki.php/Teaching2015/InteractiveInfoVis
Location and Time
Ecole Centrale: See the Schedule page above for details but generally the class runs on Wednesdays from 9:45-17:15 in N121
Université Paris Sud:
- Lectures in Building PUIO: D-201, Tutorials in E202
- Install Tableau data visualization software is provided through the Tableau for Teaching program.
- Install R Studio
- Class participation: 5%
- Assignments: 45%
- Exam: 50%
For assignments we will deduct 10% for each day (including weekends) the assignment is late. If you do not hand in your assignments (project components) in class, you are responsible for getting them to our desks at Université Paris Sud.